Virtual Race - email your run time & distance to:
Due to health concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus, we regret that we will not be able to hold Ella's Race on Saturday, March 21 as planned.
We have converted Ella's Race to a virtual race and a fundraising competition. Ella's race is all about a fun way to raise funds for the fight against Pediatric Brain Cancer. We all want to fight Pediatric Brain Cancer, right?
As with all races, registration fees are non-refundable. You agreed to this when you registered. Why are registration fees not refundable?
1) This is a charity event. Proceeds benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and The Cure Starts Now.
2) Significant costs have already been incurred. As with all running events, a year of planning, project management, and logistica work - hundreds of hours of work - have already been invested. Non-refundable deposits have been paid to secure 3rd party services. Posters, yard signs, flyers, and race bibs have been printed. The charity can't receive any money until these costs are covered.
VIRTUAL RACE: Everyone who was registered for Ella's Race has been entered in the Virtual 10K, Virtual 5K, or Virtual Mile race. There are great prizes to be won if you run!
How does Ella's virtual race work?
1. RUN: Simply run the distance you registered for, making a note of your run time.
2. SEND IN YOUR RESULTS: Email your distance/time to email@example.com by the end of the day on March 31, 2020. Your time will be added to the online virtual race results.
3. YOU COULD WIN: Everyone who completes their virtual run and submits their time will be entered into a drawing for these fabulous door prizes:
- 4 people will win $100 Fleet Feet gift cards
- 4 people will win $75 Fleet Feet gift cards
- 4 people will win $50 Fleet Feet gift cards
- 2 lucky winners will win the grand prize of FREE Chick-fil-A for a year!
There's another way to win - and help the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and The Cure Starts Now: FUNDRAISE!
When you registered for Ella's Race a personal fundraising page was created for you. You should have a registration confirmation email with a link to
- The top 2 fundraisers will win FREE Chick-fil-A for a year!
- The top fundraising team will win a Chick-fil-A catered party for up to 30 people
* Free Chick-fil-A for a year consists of a coupon for a free meal each week.
Ella's Race includes a 10K Race, 5K Race, and 1 Mile Fun Run with fun for the entire family. The race takes place at North Ridge Country Club on Hunting Ridge Drive and Falls of Neuse Rd in North Raleigh.
The event benefits The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and The Cure Starts Now
Race shirts are not included: Purchase your shirt for $10 (available until your size sells out)
|| $ 25
|| $ 20
|| $ 17
|1/1 - 2/29
|| $ 30
|| $ 25
|| $ 22
|3/1 - 3/14
|| $ 35
|| $ 30
|| $ 27
|3/15 - 3/21
|| $ 40
|| $ 35
|| $ 32
10K & 5K Awards
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for both male & female divisions.
Open (all ages)
13 & under, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
All overall, masters, and 1st place age division prizes will be awarded based on gun time at the awards ceremony on event day. All 2nd and 3rd place age division winners can pick up their prize during or after the awards ceremony at the designated tent.
You can beat the Saturday morning rush by picking up your bib on Friday March 20th at the following times and locations:
- 11 am - 2:00 pm at Fleet Feet Sports at 8511 Colonnade Center Drive
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Chick-Fil-A Falls Village at 6701 Falls of Neuse Rd
It takes lots of volunteers to put on a great event like Ella's Race. We would appreciate your help so that together we can fight pediatric brain tumors. Volunteer roles include registration/check-in, Course Monitors (age 21+), water stations, post-race food/drink, etc. Interested in volunteering? CLICK HERE for Details on Volunteering
Ella was diagnosed April 29, 2008 with a Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. This is a rare, aggressive, non-operable tumor located in the pons area of the brainstem. The prognosis for this type of tumor is extremely grim. There is no cure, no known effective treatment except for radiation-which, for some, provides only temporary relief of the symptoms. Ella saw the face of Jesus on Wednesday, February 8th 2012, while at home with her family.
"Ella loved life. She loved school and her friends.
She loved loving people."
— Mark Newmiller, Ella's Father
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Run. Donate. Support. Proceeds of Ella's Race help organizations fight for children like Ella. We, as Ella's supporters believe in the work that The Cure Starts Now and the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation do. We are partnering to make this race a reality and to save children diagnosed with cancer and brain tumors.
We, at Chick-fil-A Capital Crossing and Falls Village first heard about Ella Newmiller and her diagnosis in January of 2008. We did four fundraisers which we called "Ellabrations" for The Cure Starts Now benefitting Ella Newmiller over the course of four years. After our fourth Ellabration we decided we wanted to do something even bigger to raise money to find a cure for pediatric brain tumors. We decided to do a 5k and 10k race called Ella's Race in March 2012. Ella danced her way to heaven almost one month before our first Ella's Race. This will be our 7th Ella's Race since her passing and we have raised over $180,000 for The Cure Starts Now and The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Ella's Race is so dear to our hearts and it is our passion to find a cure to pediatric brain tumors.
- CAPITAL CROSSING
- 4621 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604
- FALLS VILLAGE
- 6701 Falls of Neuse Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615